Monday, November 2, 2009

New Appreciation

I have to admit that I can already feel the slower pace of life taking over and it's not all bad. I love taking Mia out at night and staring at the stars. I have even been driving down the highways of Alabama lately and there is a calming affect that only locals can appreciate. I've even found myself turning up the country music and singing to the top of my lungs as I pass the old local cemeteries and car dealerships that only sell trucks. The rows of baby pine trees just starting to grow right next to one of the hundreds of water towers you'll pass. The trailer parks with kids playing out in the yard that is all dirt and no grass. The old man picking up pecans in the front yard of his brick ranch in the middle of nowhere. The old homes with couches on the front porch occupied by people who wave as you drive pass and of course the countless cow pastures. I have even had to use the brights on my car for maybe the first time since I've owned it.
But, don't get me wrong I miss the hustle and bustle of the city also!

No comments:

Post a Comment