Wednesday, January 27, 2010

As Promised!

Casey, Ruben Studdard and myself!
I think we were the only adults who had our picture taken, but you know us.
Seriously though, this picture was taken at a Magic Moments event. It is just like "Make a Wish" but it is done in Alabama only. It is very big in Birmingham right now and this event was to get awareness in other areas of Alabama.
As most of you know, I use to volunteer with "Rainbows" in Atlanta and loved it. Rainbows is an organization that helps kids going through grief. We didn't counsel them because we weren't licensed but we had a program we followed, we did a lot of listening and just let them know they weren't alone. They could have been going through the lose of a parent in war, to even their parents divorcing. I have not been able to find Rainbows in Montgomery and I am currently thinking of starting a chapter here. However, I am very excited about Magic Moments also and can't wait to get started. I will keep you posted! Please let me know if you want to volunteer or donate!

Oh yeah, Casey and I were styling and profiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment