Monday, February 22, 2010

Drama on Hull Street

I know I haven't been blogging much lately, but I have been busy at work!
Which we all know is SO EXCITING for me. I hope it lasts.
Anyways, I do have some news to share. I was awoken on Saturday night
to some beating on my door and then the doorbell a couple of times.
Of course, I got scared to death. I sat frozen in bed for about
thirty seconds before I ran to the front window to look outside.
Whoever was at the door was gone, but all I could see out the window was
people running through the streets and fire trucks everywhere.
I threw on a robe (oh yes, I was the neighbor outside in just a robe)
and ran outside with my camera over my shoulder.
There was six huge fire trucks and several other just fire cars (I guess you
would call them)
Firemen everywhere. Three doors down there was a house engulfed in flames.
I am assuming it was the firemen running ringing doorbells because
the house next to it did also catch on fire- although it seemed to
already be abandoned. (Remember where I live.) I have never
seen anything like this. The ladders were up in the air on some of the trucks
with the hoses spraying down on the home.
I am dying to know what caused the fire.












Just in case you were wondering- the house on the other side of
it with the awesome signs seems to just have some roof melting.
The sign that you can see on the porch but can't read
says something to the effect of her being one of God's angels
and if you rob her she will take you to heaven.....
I had the pleasure of meeting her in the streets Saturday
night.
















1 comment:

  1. OMG - I heard the sirens Saturday night!!! On the way to church yesterday, I asked Hunter if he heard a lot of sirens, but he didnt so I thought maybe I was dreaming. I hope everyone was alright.

    ReplyDelete